Sunday, December 12, 2010



‘Twas the day of the Bears Game, and the snow slowed to a trickle.
The sun was peeking out, while the wind was being tickled.
The Pats were all snug, in their warm comfy bus.
They’re on the way to the stadium, to finally face us.

While waiting at the gates, the fans stood in the cold
Some of them quite young, while some quite old.
They can’t wait to get in, to let loose, cheer and holler.
They want another win, for their almighty dollar.

While I, was at home; toes warming by the fire.
You know, the pre-game show was my first real desire.
While I watched the opinions, and listened to the lines,
It was now the time, to finally make up my mind.

I grew up with the Pats, and then the Bears too.
But when all is said and done, I guess I finally knew.
That with all the cold, snow, and wind in the air,
It was with a clear consciousness, that I only be fair.

If the Bears did win, that could be a sign from heaven.
To again send the Pats home, so watch the news at eleven.
My family won’t be happy, to hear the score spread broadened.
So I’m betting on the Bears, thirty-one to twenty-seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment